Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Dining Room Makeover: The Process Begins

 
Rowley Company is partnering with up-and-coming interior designer Sarah Gleason, SFG Designs, Richmond, VA to completely make-over a dining room.  

We will record the transformation here, on our blog, from the initial brainstorming and sketches to the final installation of window treatments.  

You can be part of the process by sharing your ideas and comments along the way,  and then participate in our live webinar broadcast on August 23, 2011 at 11:00 am EST where Sarah will join Rowley Company's Laurie Medford and Susan Woodcock to share the details of the room transformation including upholstery and window treatment techniques.


A room. A budget. A thousand ideas.


Sarah shares her thoughts with us... 

"I have run over 1,000 possibilities in my head for how this room should look. I am really having a fit deciding on paint colors...I keep leaning towards a teal, but have also considered yellow, apple green, and light gray.  The family room is dark gray, and I will be repainting the hallway a neutral.  Here is a picture of the dining room for you to see"


  
Inspiration

"I have always had a yen for black, white, and apple green....I am thinking Palm Springs...Rat Pack modern.....maybe apple green walls, pavilion-tent look curtains...I like that black and white trellis fabric from Greenhouse as chair back, with black patent or vinyl on the chair seats"

Greenhouse Fabrics from the Iman II collection, A1636 Black Jack


"I stayed at this hotel last summer, Riveara Palm Springs.  FABULOUS place.  I love the strong graphics, bright colors, modern artwork and very hip light fixtures"  


Check back for more ideas, inspiration, sketches, paint colors, fabrics and window treatment designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment